Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fall/Winter Trend #3: Plaid (+ 5 outfit ideas)

Photo Runway, Photo Reese, Photo Mango, Photo H&M, Photo UGG
Part 3 of my 'Fall/Winter Trend'-series is here. Plaid shirts have been a trend since the beginning of August and are still big for this fall and winter.

Photo's
Plaid was seen during many runway shows. At Marc by Marc Jacobs, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Versace we saw plaid coats. Moschino showed plaid blazers, and the models of Saint Laurent wore plaid dresses and plaid cardigans. But that wasn't all ....

Photo's
At Blumarine, Celine, Chanel and Louis Vuitton we also saw plaid coats. Givenchy showed a plaid shirt and Jean Paul Gaultier a plaid dress.

Photo's
However, I wonder how wearable plaid coats and dresses are for us 'normal people'. So I decided to focus on plaid shirts. I noticed that a lot of celebrities are wearing them, and I think that's because these shirts are comfortable and versatile. Olivia and Jessica show how 'chic' a plaid shirt can look. Jennifer, Reese and Hilary prefer to wear their plaid shirts in a more casual way. Julianne was spotted wearing her paid shirt in a preppy way; she put a sweater over it.

Photo's H&M, Photo's Mango, Photo New Look, Photo Miss KG
For those of you who want some outfit inspiration, here it is: 5 ways to wear a plaid shirt. For an edgy look, pair a red plaid shirt with a black leather jacket, some jeans and some cool boots. If you're all about casual chic, you could pair a blue plaid shirt with a blazer white, jeans and some black flats.

Photo's H&M, Photo's New Look, Photo's Mango
For a casual (and preppy) look, you can put a plaid shirt underneath a sweater and pair them with some khaki pants and a pair of sneakers. If it's not to cold in the fall and winter where you live, you can wear a plaid shirt with a pencil skirt and booties for a chic and girly look. And when your style is simple chic, it might be a good idea to pair a plaid shirt with a pair of nice pants and some heels.

What is your favorite of my 5 outfit ideas?
Click here for Fall/Winter Trend #1 (slouchy cardigans) and #2 (sheer blouses).

6 comments:

  1. I definitely need to get my hands on a flannel shirt this year. It's something I really want. Express has a gray one I like a lot or Old Navy has some colorful ones that I think would be really cute. I love your look with the black blazer and blue flannel best!

    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! If you follow me I follow you back, let me now.
    XX

    MarĂ­a Vargas
    http://thekrollekopf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so nice. i love this trend!
    thx for sharing.
    kisses to you

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik weet dat de plaid blouse helemaal in komt, maar ik moet er toch nog aan wennen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephanie, thanks for stopping by my site! I love the plaid trend too - I just bought a few shirts the other day in non-traditional colors like blue/gold and pink/green. Fun, can't wait to layer with them. :)

    Followed you on bloglovin', would be honored if you reciprocated!

    Cheers,
    Laurie

    www.eyeforelegance.com

    ReplyDelete