Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fall/Winter Trend #8: Navy blue

fall trend, navy blue, runway
Photo
In the winter I like to wear a lot of navy blue, because sometimes it looks better on me than black. And this year, navy blue is a big trend for fall and winter!

Photo's by Style.com
At the runway shows, I saw a lot of monochromatic navy blue outfits. Like at Celine, Chanel, Costume National, Elie Saab, Jil Sander, 3.1 Phillip Lim, and Salvatore Ferragamo. Although I think these outfits look very chic, I am not sure if it's very wearable for daytime.

Photo's H&M, Photo's Mango, Photo's Asos/Rimmel/Michael Kors/Aldo/Dune, Photo Topshop, Photo Zara
So I created 4 outfits with navy blue items. The first outfit has a navy blue shirt. I paired it with some black jeans, heels and red lipstick. For the second outfit I chose a navy blue top. I paired it with a beige cardigan, some jeans and some boots for a casual weekend look.

Photo's H&M, Photo Mango, Photo's Asos/Michael Kors, Photo Topshop, Photo Zara, Photo New Look
The third outfit has a navy blue blazer. I think this is an item that everyone should have in their closets. I paired it with a plain white t-shirt, some black jeans and boots for a sophisticated look. The last outfit is a casual one. I chose a navy blue bag, and paired it with a beige sweater, a pair of jeans and some comfortable flats.

Would you wear a monochromatic navy blue outfit, or would you just wear one navy blue item?

4 comments:

  1. I don't wear much navy but I do want to add more navy to my fall wardrobe. Love the runway looks.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love navy blue too!! great ensembles!! :D perfect for the season indeed!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete