Thursday, July 11, 2013

Trend: Espadrilles

Photo Lauren Bacall, Photo Grace Kelly
Espadrilles are a big trend this summer. Before i share my picks with you, i wanted to tell you something more about espadrilles.
Espadrilles are original from the Pyrenees and the word 'espadrille' is French. They have a canvas or cotton upper and a rope or rubber sole. These shoes can be flat or high heeled. In the 1940's the espadrilles became fashionable in the USA, because Lauren Bacall wore them in a movie called 'Key Largo' (see photo above, left). Grace Kelly wore them a lot too (see photo above, right).
Recently our favorite celebrities like Jessica Alba, Miranda Kerr and Kate Middleton were spotted wearing these shoes.

Here are my picks that are available now. 
Flats

Photo's H&M, Photo's Asos, Photo's New Look
Wedges
Photo H&M, Photo Topshop, Photo Asos, Photo's New Look, Photo's Mango
Are you planning on wearing espadrilles this summer?

10 comments:

  1. Ik vind de coral kleurige espadrilles van h&m echt heel leuk!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Espadrille wedges have such a summery feel, I love the black and white topshop one you picked :)

    Isabela ♡
    www.fusels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say at first (last year) when I saw people wearing espadrilles I said I'd never wear them. I only liked high-heeled espadrilles. But this year I am in love with the flat ones and really want a pair! Loved your blog and will come back for sure! I find it very inspirational...

    Oh, I just started following you on GFC and Bloglovin by the way! Hope you come by my blog sometime too! Would love to know what you think about it, and maybe follow me back if you like it? We can also follow each other everywhere else;)!

    These are my links hun <3:
    Instant Milk link
    Facebook page link
    Twitter link
    Bloglovin link

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love espadrilles for Summer! I love the ones by Mango and Topshop!

    Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog & I LOVE your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE espadrilles! They're so cute and can go with a wide variety of outfits.
    I also love how you included pictures of Lauren Bacall and Grace Kelly, I love them both! xo

    Followed you on Bloglovin sweetie xo

    http://pulchritudinousbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't own a pair but i really want to get one :)
    great post!
    would you like to follow each other on gfc or bloglovin? let me know so i can follow back :)
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete